Couples and Marital Therapy
I work with couples who come for help with a wide range of problems and who are at different relationship stages and phases. I have many years of training and experience as a marital and couples' therapist. My work is informed primarily by adult attachment theory, a theory of adult love and close relationships, and by the psychological research on relationships and marriage.
I work with a model known as Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) as well as other models in order to develop effective treatment plans.
I can help couples with the following concerns:
- Problems in communication or conflict resolution
- Emotional expression
- Closeness, intimacy and commitment
- Trust issues
- Decisions about whether to marry or divorce
- Financial issues
How Couples Therapy can help you:
- Help you identify and understand negative communication patterns that interrupt emotional closeness and satisfaction in your relationship.
- Restore, repair and develop more open and secure emotional connections.
- Learn strategies for repairing and enhancing friendship and love in your relationship.
- Develop a deeper sense of closeness and satisfaction in your relationship.
Contact me to find out more about Couples and Marital Therapy.