About Dr. Maddocks
I am a registered psychologist and have been in private practice in downtown Toronto for the past twenty five years.
- I received my Ph.D. in clinical psychology from Queen's University, Kingston, Canada 1986
- I completed a postdoctoral internship at the Martin Luther King Center, Boston University, Boston, USA 1986 -1987
I have held senior psychologist positions at the Toronto General Hospital and Women's College Hospital and the East End Community Health Centre. I have worked as a consultant to the Sexual Assault Care Centre at Women's College Hospital and the Eating Disorder Program at Toronto General Hospital.
I have held various academic appointments at the University of Toronto and York University teaching graduate courses on group psychotherapy and supervising clinical doctoral students.
I have been actively involved in clinical research studies and have published articles and chapters in internationally recognized journals and books.
I have given numerous professional presentations including conference papers and workshops in addition to public speaking engagements to community organizations.
Membership in Professional Associations:
- American Psychological Association
- International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Canadian Psychological Association